PayPal

In the Highlands...

Living Life to the Full...( John 10:10b)

We've waited almost 25 years to get here...sometimes the best preparatory school is life itself...we only bring the love of Christ as a prerequisite...the rest HE provides as necessary...follow your heart's dream...it may lead you here...to a place where you can live life to the full! This blog is dedicated to our children Ervin IV, his wife Sara, their children Chante, Ervin V, Quinn and Theo, to Xavier, his wife Ashley, their children Ethan, Landon and Emily, to Sarah who has experienced life with us here and to our caboose Nicolas who married Caroline, all of you are the ones that have sacrificed us so we could love the least of these here in Guatemala.



We love you and miss you beyond words...








Wednesday, March 16, 2011

After a year...

I've always been some sort of organizer. Since the elementary days of organizing events to organizing my head so I can get multiple tasks done. Today, I hardly do that. Burned out perhaps, too many years planning lesson plans for multiple level children, planning meals for my family, planning Sunday School, planning church activities, planning these moves, don't know but I can't live without it. After a year here in Guatemala, we've moved 3 times, gotten 2 dogs, an apartment full of "stuff", more school scheduled and trying to narrow our scope of ministry. I would like to say that our highlights have been saving lives and bringing people to Jesus but in reality it has been adapting and searching for our "niche". Those that know us, know what we are good at. Those that are getting to know us give us words of encouragement and gratitude for our service to those we come in contact. Deep in my heart I know what my purpose is...it is not what I am good at or what I am known for. My purpose is to please my Father, enjoying His Company in my day to day walk, and be good to my fellow men. There are things I want to do for example, I want to get to know my neighborhood and perhaps show Jesus in being a good neighbor. My hope is to teach the Mayan Women about health, birth and God. In return I hope to learn from them resilience, patience and endurance among many other qualities they have. I must focus and organize myself, my house, my time and my priorities to accomplish those things I desire to do and those things that pleases my Father in Heaven...hope to continue bloggin..

3 comments:

  1. Sally, I always love reading your reports! You give us a window into your own soul and the world around you! I love your 'purpose' which is simply to enjoy God's presence and to walk with him throughout your day, living in Love... helping the Mayan women give birth to healthy babies! I miss seeing your face but I love hearing your heartbeat! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOO happy you're blogging Sally! I will look forward to reading more about your life and ministry through this "expanded" version of sharing online (facebook is rather limiting in that way, unless you post multiple times).

    I can relate in so many ways to this post!!! Amen Sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to read your blogs! May God bless you guys richly!

    ReplyDelete